Sunday, January 12, 2014

Daily Double Dose of Gratitude


This weekend I attended my third yoga immersion: Thai Yoga Massage and I have a lot for which to be grateful.
In yoga, we practice SANTOSA, which means contentment.  According to B.K.S. Iyengar, "Contentment has to be cultivated.  A mind that is not content, cannot concentrate."  The yogi feels the lack of nothing (does not want) and so he/she feels naturally content.  Contentment gives bliss.

 Fifteen years ago, my husband dragged me across the country kicking and screaming so he could continue his education at Arizona State University.  I am forever grateful to him for his foresight.  Since that time, life has been a giant roller coaster ride of adventure, with every curve just as exciting as the last.  It's easy to be grateful for the big, life-altering events.  The real challenge is finding gratitude in the mundane tasks of day to day life.


Today I am grateful for:
  • I am grateful for new experiences.
  • I am grateful that with each new immersion I complete, my world expands a little more.
  • I am grateful to the receivers for the positive feedback they provided.  They were very gracious guinea pigs!
  • I am grateful for the feeling of inspiration.  It feeds my soul and keeps me moving forward.
  • I am grateful for all of the yogis I've met through yoga teacher training.  Each are warm and inviting and make me feel I belong.
  • I am grateful that despite the weather and lack of daylight, I arrived and returned safely each night.
  • I am very grateful that traffic surrounding Bank of America stadium did not interfere with my arrival or departure today.
  • I am grateful my husband was willing to let me practice my new-found massage skills on him even though he was clothed and there was no oil involved.
  • I am grateful the beanie ballz we ordered for my youngest son arrived.  He was devastated when the one he bought in Los Angeles was nibbled on by the dog resulting in the loss of its nose.
  • I am grateful and proud of my oldest son for how graceful he handled his district all-star band audition.

No comments:

Post a Comment